CSC Training Course
Canadian Safety Council Safe Quad Course
Are you interested in learning skills of how to safely operate an ATV? Are you thinking you would like to brush up on your ATV operator skills?
Qualified Canada Safety Council (CSC) ATV Instructors are happy to run courses for club members and others if the interest is present.
The course takes about eight hours to complete and it starts at 8 a.m. Assuming all goes well, training would be completed between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Class size: No more than eight students per class. (Adult, youth and children’s classes offered on appropriately sized ATVs).
- Introduction to the ATV Rider Course.
- Pre-Ride inspection.
- Range Signals, rules and warm-up exercises.
- Starting and stopping the ATV engine.
- Starting out and shifting gears.
- Riding strategies.
- Riding circles and figure eights.
- Sharp turns.
- Quicker turns.
- Quick stops/straight line and turns.
- Emergency stops/swerve.
- Riding over obstacles.
- Safe riding practices and environmental concerns.
- Traversing hills.
- Loading and transporting ATVs.
- Loading ATV racks.
- Trail ride.
- Wind-up and review.
What do you get for your registration fee?
- Instruction from CSC-qualified ATV instructor.
- A CCSC ATV Safety Course Graduate certification.
- Your copy of the CSC ATV Safety readings to be completed prior to the start of the course and brought to the course.
- Your personal CSC ATV graduate certificate upon successfully completing the course.
- Your personal CSC graduate wallet card upon successfully completing the course.
- Your personal CSC ATV graduate sticker upon successfully completing the course.
- Use of a traffic safety vest for the duration of the course.
- Small class sizes (no more than eight students in a class).
- Course certification produced for insurance company may reduce your insurance rates.
What you must provide:
- An ATV that is suitably sized for yourself.
- Appropriately sized and safety certified helmet.
- Eye protection.
- Sturdy foot wear.
- Long pants.
- Long sleeve shirt.
- Bring lunch, snacks and something to drink.
- Other appropriate clothing for current/expected climatic conditions.
- NO ALCOHOL permitted in or around the training area.\
This course is geared to be completely taught in the outdoors so dress accordingly for current and expected weather conditions (rain or shine or anything in between).
Weekday or weekend courses as needed for those interested. There is a lot of hands-on riding, safety moves, controlled riding in a controlled environment. The course covers TREAD-lightly environment awareness.
Please give this training some thought for your safety. Knowledge is a valuable thing to have out on the trail.
Successfully completing this training course can reduce your insurance rates. We encourage you to contact your insurance company for further information.
Our Goal: to provide you, the student, a safe positive learning environment where you can learn and grow with your abilities to operate an ATV.
For further information on these courses, to locate the instructor and/or course nearest to you, please contact:
Phone: 250-612-9643 e-mail email@example.com